Do you have to do a pre-apprenticeship to become an apprentice?
You do not have to do a pre-apprenticeship to become an apprentice. Read More
When should I apply?
Applications are taken throughout the year. There is no cut-off date. If you’re thinking about an apprenticeship, we encourage you to talk to the Master Plumbers’ Employment team, or start your online application.
Can I access funding assistance?
Master Plumbers (TOID #3937) delivers the qualification CPC32413 Certificate III in Plumbing with Victorian and Commonwealth Government funding. Learner fees for government funded courses are calculated in accordance with the State Government of Victoria’s 2018 Standard VET funding contract Skills First program fee guidelines. Tuition fee concessions may also be available for eligible learners. Read more about government subsidy guidelines. Contact our Employment team to discuss your eligibility
What happens after I pass the application process?
Applicants who are successful will be congratulated in writing and given terms of employment with PAV.
Before commencing work all new employees will be required to complete the following 6 steps:
- Obtain a Working With Children Check (WWCC). At times during your employment you may be placed at worksites where this is a requirement
- Undertake a pre-employment medical examination at our nominated medical centre. This ensures you are physically able to meet the inherent requirements of the role and to identify any pre-existing injuries or illnesses that may require reasonable alterations to work arrangements to accommodate your needs
- Provide evidence of their identity, eligibility to work as an apprentice in Australia, and to receive government funding for their course
- Provide photo ID and verification of your address. This may be by a drivers licence or by a passport and utility bills
Australian citizens eligibility to work. This may be evidenced by a passport, birth certificate or citizenship certificate
- For people who are not an Australian citizen, eligibility to work and to access funding may be evidenced by a passport and an Australian visa. You may also be requested to consent to PAV checking the Department of Immigration’s Visa Entitlement Verification system to verify your visa details
- Please note: You should not supply any of the above checks until directed by PAV, after you have been offered employment. The costs of these checks will be met by PAV.