From resorts and churches to schools and wineries, no two working days are ever the same for Travis Coles. Kathryn Kernohan finds out why Travis strives to have a diversity of...
If you have lost income as a result of the bushfires, you may be eligible for the new $10,000 Small Business Bushfire Support Grant. It’s easy to apply. You aren’t required to upload any financial documents if you don’t have them right now.
The grant is open to small businesses and primary producers who were directly or indirectly affected by the bushfires - and if you can apply for this grant if you have applied for others.
To be eligible, small businesses and primary producers:
- must be located in East Gippsland, Towong or Alpine shires, and
- must have experienced a 40 per cent drop in revenue over three months, compared to the previous year, as a result of the 2019-20 Victorian Bushfires
- you may also be eligible under exceptional circumstances if you don’t meet this criteria
You can apply for the grant by visiting the Rural Finance website.
There are a number of other options for small businesses and primary producers who were directly affected by the bushfires, including:
- $50,000 recovery grants for small businesses
- $75,000 recovery grants for primary producers
- Concessional loans of up to $500,000
$10,000 payments are also available to businesses highly impacted by COVID-19 restrictions.
You can apply for all the grants you are eligible for - and you don’t have to wait for the outcome of one grant application to apply for a different grant.
You can find information about all the financial assistance available to businesses, primary producers and individuals affected by the 2019-20 Victorian Bushfires at brv.vic.gov.au or business.vic.gov.au/bushfire-recovery, or by calling Bushfire Recovery Victoria on 1800 560 760.