A new online asset map designed by Yarra Valley Water will make it easier for plumbers to get the information they need about water and sewer assets when on the job.
The Minister for Workplace Safety, Jill Hennessy, approved minor amendments to 11 compliance codes (codes) made under the Occupational Health and Safety Act 2004 (OHS Act).
The minor amendments to the OHS Act compliance codes were made to reflect amendments to section 35 and 36 of the Act by the Treasury and Finance Legislation Amendment Act 2018, and to improve style and branding consistency across the existing compliance codes.
The amended OHS Act compliance codes are:
- Confined spaces
- Hazardous manual handling
- Hazardous substances
- Prevention of falls in general construction
- Prevention of falls in housing construction
- Managing asbestos in workplaces
- Removing asbestos in workplaces
Four compliance codes made under the WIRC Act were updated to reflect WorkSafe’s current brand and head office address.
The amended WIRC Act compliance codes are:
- Providing employment, planning and consultation about return to work (Compliance code 1 of 4)
- Return to work Coordinators (Compliance code 2 of 4)
- Return to work information (Compliance code 3 of 4)
- Cooperating with labour hire employees about return to work (Compliance code 4 of 4)
The amendments to all codes do not alter the substance or meaning of any guidance.
The updated compliance codes can be downloaded from the Master Plumbers Website and WorkSafe website or viewed at any WorkSafe office.