The seventh annual Plumbing and Fire Industry Awards (PFIA) were held Friday 10 March 2023 at Crown Palladium.
In recent months South East Water, Yarra Valley Water and City West Water have conducted a review of the Water Metering & Servicing Guidelines Version 8 (2017).
As a result, the Guideline has been updated to include a number of changes, as listed below:
- The index now has hyperlinks to all topics and meter drawings from the index, making it easier to find the info you need
- The new sprinkler codes FPAA101D & H have been addressed in the guideline (Pgs. 43 & 45)
- New Dry Tapping information and requirements (City West Water only - Appendix B)
- New Dry Tapping drawings (City West Water only - Pgs. 105, 107 & 108)
- Meter assemblies can be installed parallel to water mains (Pg. 13)
- Clarity on maintenance responsibility on a drinking water/recycled water service where the main meter is greater than 2m from the property boundary (Fig 17)
- Clarity on mandated & recommended dual supply for critical & sensitive customers (Yarra Valley Water only - Appendix A)