I’m a Plumber or Apprentice Plumber moving to Victoria

If you are currently working in another State as a Plumber or Apprentice Plumber, let us help you start up in Victoria

Apprentices moving interstate

The good news is that the Training Package is National – but there are a number of things you will need to put in place.

You must cancel your Apprenticeship in your home State before you can commence your Apprenticeship in Victoria – you would normally do this as part of the process in moving States. This will then stop your Apprenticeship from progressing at that point. To do that, contact your Australian Apprenticeship Support Network Provider who signed you into your Apprenticeship.

Recommencing your Apprenticeship in Victoria

All you need to do is find yourself a job and get signed up as an Australian Apprentice with your new employer. The Registered Training Organisation selected by your new employer will map your progress and provide you with a new training plan. You can then pick up where you left off.

Plumbers Moving to Victoria

Well, it says it on our number plates, Victoria is the Place to Be!

You need to apply for mutual recognition of your Plumbing Registration or License, then apply for a job.

You will find that some of the classes of plumbing are different in Victoria. If you’re in doubt, contact the Victorian Building Authority.

If you need help with local laws and regulations, it pays to be a member of Master Plumbers and receive ongoing support and advice from our expert advisors.