As a Tradie you may be entitled to claim a range of expenses from clothing and laundry to tools and equipment. That is, if the expense is directly work related and...
A draft of the proposed changes to AS/NZS5601.1 is currently open for public comment. Master Plumbers have provided a list of the main changes and clause numbers on where to find them.
The significant proposed changes to the AS/NZS5601.1 standards are:
- Clarification that the standard does not apply to the repair of existing gas installations (including the repair of gas appliances) but does apply to modifications of existing installations. (Clause 220.127.116.11 Conformance)
- New definition for an “ignition source”, “open flued appliance”, “fire safety system”, “semi-rigid connector”, “under-pressure shut-off device”. (Clauses, 1.3.64, 18.104.22.168, 1.3.40, 1.3.105, 1.3.118)
- Prohibition on the use of flexible flue liners for applications other than within chimneys. (Table 4.7.4)
- Brazing prohibited within 1 m of a joint with non-metallic components. (Table 4.2)
- Prohibition on the installation of multilayer pipe above-ground external to buildings. (Table 4.2)
- Provision of emergency isolation for buildings with multilayer pipe for fire protection. (Clause 5.2.11)
- Clarification on required ventilation where more than one gas meter is installed in an enclosure. (Clause 22.214.171.124)
- Increased clearance requirement between domestic cooking appliances and range hoods to align with the international rangehood standard IEC 60335‑2‑31. (Raised to 650mm, Clause 126.96.36.199)
- Prohibition on the use of semi-rigid connectors in the installation of commercial catering equipment. (Clause 188.8.131.52)
- New requirements for the protection of combustible surfaces adjacent to commercial catering equipment. (Clause 184.108.40.206)
- New pipe sizing graphs and tables based upon the Churchill friction factor equation which will allow for greater flow capacities for complex gas installations where large pipe diameters and longer pipe runs exist.
- Information on the effect of altitude on gas supply pressure for high rise building installations. (Clause J.13)
- New requirements and drawings for the location of flue terminals under a covered area, in a recess, or on a balcony. (Clause 6.9.4)
- New requirement for the isolation of installations in educational institutions. (Clause 220.127.116.11)
- New requirements for freestanding commercial catering equipment with under-equipment connection. (Clause 18.104.22.168)
- New requirements for the connection of freestanding commercial catering equipment using a hose assembly. (Clause 22.214.171.124)